News From The Web

The latest news headlines from around the web…

Jihad Watch

[RSSImport display="8" feedurl="http://www.jihadwatch.org/atom.xml" ]

Atlas Shrugs

[RSSImport display="8" feedurl="http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/rss.xml" ]

Vlad Tepes Blog

[RSSImport display="8" feedurl="http://vladtepesblog.com/?feed=rss2" ]

Weasel Zippers

[RSSImport display="8" feedurl="http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/rss.xml" ]

Gates Of Vienna

[RSSImport display="8" feedurl="http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss" ]

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

Linda July 20, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Hey, Sheik Yer’Mami – Here’s another fartwa for you!! lol

Associated Press on Fox News – World
World
Indonesian mullahs say Muslims can drink coffee from cat droppings _ the world’s priciest java
Published July 20, 2010 –
http://www.foxnews.com – | Associated Press – JAKARTA, Indonesia
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia’s top Islamic body declared Tuesday that Muslims can drink civet coffee — the world’s most expensive coffee, which is extracted from the dung of civet cats.
A preacher recently suggested the beverage might not be “halal” — or religiously approved — because its unusual provenance makes it unclean. But after a long discussion Tuesday, the influential Indonesian Ulema Council said that the coffee, known locally as Kopi Luwak, could be consumed as long as the beans were washed.
Kopi Luwak, which takes it name from the Indonesian word for civets, is made from hard beans that have been eaten by the nocturnal critters and then fermented in their stomachs before being pooped out and roasted. Civet cats are mongoose-like animals.
It’s highly prized for its smooth flavor and bitterless aftertaste, sometimes fetching well over $200 a pound ($440 per kilogram) online.
“Kopi Luwak can be declared ‘halal’ after passing through a washing process,” said Maruf Amien, acting head of the council. “Producing, selling and drinking it is allowed.”
In Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation, Kopi Luwak is produced in the main Java island, Sumatra and Sulawesi. It is also found under different names elsewhere in Southeast Asia. Only 1,000 pounds (450 kilograms) are said to be produced annually worldwide.

The Ulema Council has often issued fatwas, or edicts, including several controversial rulings against smoking and yoga. Its edicts are not legally binding, but many devout Muslims abide by them.

Mullah Lodabullah July 24, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I’ve had a few coffees that tasted like they came out of a cat’s orifice…

Chander Mehra November 8, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I am the author of the novel JIHAD REDISCOVERED (Publish America, Inc., 2010) has just been banned by Libya and Pakistan. Information such as that contained in WINDS OF JIHAD needs to be shared openly and the reticent media must be made to see reason.

Chander Mehra November 10, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Chander Mehra, author of the banned novel JIHAD REDISCOVERED, irked by media apathy towards the novel and the ban, has declared his own wheelchair JIHAD AGAINST JIHAD and the flat-footed media controlled by people claiming to be “journalists of courage” ignoring a book written by an ailing ex-colleague

I invite them to call me: Delhi mobile: 9899465771

Cathy Gee January 15, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Chander Mebra. I know exactly how you feel having had my own book on Islam rejected by an Australian publisher. They said I would be safe, because I changed all the names of people and places, but they had taken legal advice and felt they may have their business bombed or some other atrocity.

My book is a true story, I have proof that everything I said was the truth. It took two years to write, but six years of councelling and living in fear, takes its toll. My country Australia never believed me, but they took the word of a group of Muslims. They used their sacrament of Taqiyya.

I am still optomistic about my book. I have it with another publisher now and just sit and wait. Sinncerely, CG

Rossco January 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Cathy, I wish you all the best with your book, hope that you’ll be successful with its publication.

Keep us posted…

catherine gleeson February 16, 2011 at 3:31 am

Thanks Rossco. It helps to have a word of encouragement. Thanks again.

GeorgeOfTheJungle February 28, 2011 at 4:03 am

I had a coffee in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia that tasted as if it came from a Bedu camel’s orifice. They do not know what real coffee is in that country.

ZigZag August 30, 2011 at 11:58 pm
Developer October 19, 2011 at 6:45 am

Associated Press on Fox News – World
World
Published July 20, 2010 –
http://www.foxnews.com – | Associated Press – JAKARTA, Indonesia

bluepanic November 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Imams say abuse ‘disgraces Islam’ as child agencies deny a race link
link

kaw November 4, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Imams are amongst the biggest abusers!!!! And the link is not racial, but islamic.

espolon January 2, 2012 at 4:22 am

la religión musulmana es satánica, los judios son deicidas y los protestantes son herejes

Gert November 23, 2012 at 8:06 am
Gert January 18, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Gert January 22, 2013 at 12:29 pm

The way he looks, it seems to my as were he expecting two horns to come out of his head. Brrrrrrrrrrr. I feel winter is freezing my heart.
Where are the exorcists when you need them?

Open June 18, 2013 at 2:27 am

Oh, I remember those days, with a very big smile!! I too have had the fuaoms Kopi Luwak coffee, as a matter of fact with the lovely Nathan, at the lovely Heritage Tea Rooms, with none other than Allan Sharpe and his lovely wife Michelle. Oh yes, I remember the day I enjoyed the smoothest, most enjoyable coffe of my life, thank you Allen and Michelle.