ISNA, for its part, hasÂ admitted ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas.
The Muslim Brotherhood “must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and Allah’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.” —
Mohamed Akram, “An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America,” May 22, 1991, Government Exhibit 003-0085, U.S. vs. HLF, et al. P. 7 (21). Â JW
MEMRI has produced two video compilations of some of the extremist statements of Youssef Qaradawi. TheÂ first collections contains Qaradawi’s statements about Europe and the US as well as about Israel and Jews. Some of these statements have been discussed in previous posts including Qaradawi stating:
- Islam willÂ conquer Europe through peaceful means.
- Hitler was divineÂ punishment for the misdeeds of the Jews and that the Holocaust was exaggerated.
- HeÂ desires to end his life in the service of Jihad by visiting Israel and throwing a bomb, becoming a “martyr” in the process
- Calling for the death of all Jews.
- Calling for the collapse of the US if it doesn’t end its “unjust ways.”
Youssef Qaradawi is often referred to here as the most important leader of the global Muslim Brotherhood, an acknowledgement of his role as the de facto spiritual leader of the movement.