Worldwide the global jihad attracts former commies to the totalitarian ideology of Islam. In Italy the judiciary is heavily infiltrated by commie lawyers and judges. That’s why Adel Smith, Italy’s most obnoxious ‘revert’ to Islam, who has turned into such a properly aggravated follower of the Mohammedan belief-system, managed to sue the great and courageous Oriana Fallaci for speaking out against Islam. He found a willing idiot-judge who performed the shameful task of making a case against her.
Whether it is the rabid, unhinged ‘gorgeous’ George Galloway in England or America’s very own ‘revert’ Ibrahim Hooper, the spokesman for CAIR (a terrorist front for Hamas that pretends to be ‘human rights organization’- keep in mind that there are no ‘human rights’ in Islam and Islamic nations never signed up to this noble concept) whenever you take a closer look at the background of these Islamic devotees, you’ll find that they went from Nazi-type ideology straight to the commies or visa versa. Recently we saw Hezbollah supporters in Beirut with posters of Che Guevara.
Che, a mass-murderer in the early days of Castro’s Cuba, is almost worshiped like an icon by todays ‘revolutionaries’- by those who adhere to a romantic belief that revolution, any kind of revolution, is always more desirable than the existing order.
Egypt frees cleric at center of CIA kidnap case
By Aziz El-Kaissouni Sun Feb 11,
CAIRO (Reuters) – Egyptian authorities have released a Muslim cleric kidnapped in a suspected CIA operation in Italy and handed to Egypt, the cleric’s lawyer said on Sunday.
Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr, also known as Abu Omar, was grabbed off a Milan street in 2003 and flown to Egypt, where he said he had been tortured by Egyptian agents using electric shocks, beatings, rape threats and genital abuse.
Lawyer Montasser al-Zayat told Reuters Nasr had been released and was back with his family.
Zayat said a court had ordered Nasr to be freed, and the Ministry of Interior had complied. He added that the release was unsurprising as he saw no obvious reason why Nasr should remain in custody any longer.
“I expected that the justifications for his detention are done with. It’s no longer a secret,” Zayat said.
Ahh, and don’t miss the inevitable claims of ‘torture’- Al Qaeda playbook page 18, the usual…
Imam in alleged CIA kidnap case says he is a wreckÂ
ROME (Reuters) – A Muslim cleric freed from prison in Egypt on Sunday four years after he was grabbed in a Milan street in a suspected CIA kidnapping said on Monday the ordeal had made him a wreck.
Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr, also known as Abu Omar, has alleged that Egyptian guards tortured him with electric shocks, beatings, rape threats and genital abuse.
He said after his release he had no plans to return to his former home in Italy to give evidence, as a judge considers indicting 26 Americans on charges related to the kidnapping.
“I’ve been reduced to a wreck of a human being,” Nasr told Italy’s ANSA news agency by telephone.
“I cannot speak. I cannot leave the country. I don’t want to go to prison again.”
A judge has issued an arrest warrant for Nasr in Italy arising from an investigation into his possible links to terrorist activities, including recruiting combatants for Iraq.
While the investigation into Nasr’s possible criminal role is still inconclusive, prosecutors say they have evidence to convict the Americans, including the former CIA chief in Italy, for kidnapping the imam in Milan in February 2003.
They also want to try six Italians, including the former head of military intelligence, for helping the CIA.
Asked whether Nasr would remain silent about what had happened to him in detention, lawyer Montasser al-Zayat told Reuters in Egypt that he had “(chosen) to live, and avoid the painful years he’s lived through…he wants to raise his children.”
However Zayat, in comments to Italian agencies, reiterated plans to sue former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. Berlusconi has denied any knowledge of a plan to kidnap Nasr, but kept files about the case classified.
Prime Minister Romano Prodi said in an interview with an Indian newspaper published at the weekend that his government opposed renditions, one of the most controversial aspects of U.S. President George W. Bush’s “war on terrorism.”
Prodi confirmed that he had decided to keep some documents classified that were related to the case because he was bound by a law protecting state secrets.
“My government is against any rendition but the case that you refer to concerns state secrets,” Prodi told the Hindu.
“According to the rules, these files cannot be made public and I have reconfirmed that. There are still discussions on this subject, but for the moment I have not changed the policy of my predecessor.”
Asked whether he was using state secrets to cover up illegal activity, Prodi said: “I am not covering up anything. It is a case of continuity.”
Zayat told Reuters on Sunday that a court had ordered Nasr to be freed, and the Interior Ministry had complied.
While Nasr was initially charged with membership of an illegal organization, the charges were later dropped and he was briefly released in April 2004 before being detained without charge under Egypt’s emergency laws.
His lawyer had said he believed Nasr was re-arrested after ignoring warnings not to speak to anyone about the kidnapping and rendition.
He had called his wife and friends in Italy, recounted details of the abduction which were recorded in police wiretaps and helped Milan prosecutors reconstruct the kidnapping.
(Additional reporting by Aziz El-Kaissouni in Cairo)