What Erdogan, the Prime Minister of Turkey says is actually perfect and totally Islamic because Islam is Islam. We don’t have such a thing like — “radical Islam extremism” — many things that are said in Islam like beheading, like stoning, like flogging — they are not extremism acts, those are pure Islam.
…The second thing is, this is not “extremism,” this is “fundamentalism.” People who believe in [the] Koran understand it and practice it and take it serious.
About moderate Muslims, we have to…make a distinction between those people who come from Islamic backgrounds, come from [the] Middle East, their names are ‘Mohammed’…they might not believe in [the] Koran at all. They might just be atheists. They just come from that region.
Who are moderate Muslims in reality according to Akbari?
…Moderate Muslims actually are kind of like CAIR [Council on American-Islamic Relations] people — people who are Muslim Brotherhood types…and these people fight for Islam, love it, but they give a peaceful feature, and good-looking [nature] to Islam, to…deceive Americans not to resist the process of Islam.
Sometimes they deceive Americans this way that “We are the same as your neighbor who is from the Middle East.” That neighbor might be an atheist, might be a Buddhist at heart. Just by nature and feature, people might assume [him or her] Islamic.
…Moderate Muslims, as we might know as Muslim Brotherhood, they are the backbone of jihad.
Without them, there…[are] not gonna be any jihadis. They support jihad financially. They recruit here for jihadists — they recruit in this country. They have their own Islamic centers. They go to jail and recruit for ISIS.
So without these moderate Muslims — I’m not talking about just people coming from [the] Middle East — I’m talking about those who fight for Islam, or those who love Islam and pay for jihadists and also support to…try to recruit people, or sympathizers. My point about moderates is kind of different than what Americans might say.
Moderates are not anybody from [the] Middle East with an Islamic name.
My point about moderates are people who have Islamic organizations in an organized way, fight to improve Islam, I call those people moderates. To my eyes, those moderates are no different than ISIS or other jihadists.
- How Islam fundamentally differs from Judaism and Christianity
- Whether Islam is a religion of peace, and how pious ISIS actually is
- The ultimate goal of Islam and the role of strategic deception as compelled under Islamic law
- How Muhammad’s strategy at Mecca versus Medina as detailed in core Islamic texts impacts Muslim actions in the West
- Shariah-dictated ghayra violence against women
- The Obama administration’s intellectual dishonesty about the nature of jihad
- What Akbari thinks about the idea of working with mosques and Islamic leaders to “counter violent extremism”
- Why uneducated, ignorant/non-practicing Muslims are the most susceptible to barbaric acts like honor killings
- Why honor killings and female genital mutilation naturally flow from Islam in general and Shariah in particular
- What the recent surge in Muslim immigrants to the U.S. portends for the country
- A systematic analysis of how Muslims in the West become jihadists
- And much much more
- Purchase this book: