Whenever you criticize anything related to Islam, Allah, Muhammad, Sharia laws or muslim community, you will find a refutation immediately. To refute something is OK but the way muslims refute is funny. Here are some most common ways of a muslim-refute, the order may change depending upon your and muslim’s caliber:
1. First of all, muslims will say, “This is false information”, “This is a lie”.
Whatever you say is wrong and whatever they say is only right.
2. Next step is Taqqiya. i.e. “Islam means peace”, “Islam was not spread by sword but love”, “No compulsion in religion”,
3. If you quote from Koran or hadith, you will be accused of quoting verses in bits and pieces.
4. And be prepared for accusation that the verses you quoted are twisted and out of context.
5. If you provide reference to your quote, then muslims will say “All your references are false and lies”, which implies only their references are true and correct.
6. You will be advised to “Read the koran first and you will see the light”
7. If you say you have already read it then they will doubt you as if you are a liar.
8. If you quote full verses (not bits & pieces) from koran and hadith, your translation is incorrect / misleading. Then you will be advised to learn Arabic and read original version.
9. If you say, I read the same Koran with most authentic translations, which muslims are referring to, then you will be asked “Did you read only the cover?”, “Read it with open mind” (Read with closed mind, like a muslim reads by keeping thier brains aside)
10. Besides your reading of translated Koran or even though you know arabic, if you quote Koran, they quote hadith, tafseer etc, if you quote hadith, then they will say “Only Koran is authentic”.
11. After all this, you are still willing to continue, they will distract you and other readers from original issue/topic and feed plenty of irrelevant issues.
12. You are still sticking to the original issue, Muslims will refer your / other religions’ scriptures like Bible, Torah, Vedas, Geeta etc and other events and personnels like Bush, Blair, Indira Gandhi, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine etc.
13. Be prepared for one or more muslims to showing their way of convincing, such as Copy & paste stuff or reference from crap Islamic sites. This includes verses from Koran & hadith, twisted facts from non islamic holy scriptures like mohammad is prophesized in all of them.
14. In this connection, one or more muslims will write about Miracles in the Koran. Remember that whatever is discovered in recent time, Muslims will attribute it to Koran, but they will keep quite till it is discovered. They will never say about the fallacies in Koran like “Sky is a dome on imaginary pillars”, “Sun sets in mud”, “sun revolving around the earth” etc. If you draw their attention to these fallacies, they will copy and paste crap again which is totally illogical and irrational. You will be again advised to read Koran.
15. You are about to loose your patience but still continuing, then comes personal attack. You will be abused as fool, stupid, idiot, pig, dog etc
16. If that does not work, then there will be accusation of taking money for your criticism of islam. You may get this also “Western media is biased, its propaganda to defame islam, Islam is wronged by all non muslims” etc.
17. Even than if you are not stopping, then muslims will run for your mother and sister.
18. You are stubborn and still want to continue, you will be cursed like “Burn in hell, you will repent on last day, still time to seek the truth” etc
19. Towards the end, when all above ways are failed, you will be threatened directly like, “beware, watch it, keep cool, my sincere advice” or indirectly like “Give me your email id, don’t hide behind false name, you are a coward (since you have false id on net), and lastly invitation to go to debate one to one or visit mosques or Islamic centers like Islamic Research Foundation in person” etc.
20. And finally- its drum beating, for all Muslioms, as if they won a debate, even when they lose miserably, because Koran is the word of allah.
Since Koran is allah’s word and is clear to understand and is for all man kind, for all time and for all places, why there are hadiths, tafseers and commentaries?
Why various sects of islam and clerics are understanding it differently,
While Koran is very clear and for all to understand?
Why some verses are for a particular time i.e. 1400 years ago and Arabic peninsula only, while Koran is for all time, for all places and for all mankind?
Why there is Abrogation, later verses of the Koran supersede earlier ones? Was allah not able to reveal it at first time or did he change his mind time to time to suite muhammad’s needs?
Why islam, being the only true religion, not able to be in majority, leave alone only religion, on the face of this earth, even after more than 1400 years past when revealed to muhammad?
There are many more questions but I will leave them for next time.
Update on this 25 December 2006
Islam & Terror
Asserting that terrorism is not inherent to Islam is either uniformed or willfully untruthful.
Let’s look at what one of Islam’s own “holy books” say about the subject. The reports of the Prophet’s sayings and deeds are called Hadith. Al-Bukhari’s Hadith is second only to the Qur’an in importance to Muslims. It is comprised of the most authentic traditions associated with early Islam and the words of Muhammad.
Bukhari:V4B52N220 “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘I have been made victorious with terror. The treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand.'”
Bukhari:V1B7N331 “The Prophet said, ‘I have been given five things which were not given to anyone else. Allah made me victorious with terror. The Earth was made for me…. Booty was made lawful for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else.'”
Other Hadith by other authors also go into this, but this one source alone reveals the lie about Islam being a “religion of peace.” The Qur’an and other Hadith also say that it is OK to lie and use deceit and trickery against the infidels in the furtherance of the muslim cause, and that’s what they are doing when they talk about the “religion of peace.”