Den Haag – Dutch Member of Parliament Geert Wilders, the controversial leader and founder of the Freedom Party (PVV), has called for the immediate closure of all Muslim schools in the Netherlands in an article published Tuesday.
* Is there anything written by any journo these days thats not ‘controversial?’
The move was necessary ‘to protect children against the ongoing spreading of Islam,’ Wilders wrote on Dutch news website Nieuwsnieuws.
‘We have too much Islam in the Netherlands. Islam is effectively more a violent political ideology than a religion,’ he wrote.
During the 2006 elections, Wilders’ PVV surprised everyone by gaining nine seats in the 175-seat Dutch parliament.
Here is more on Wilders from Western Resistance:
Wilders had been an MP for several years – first for the Liberal- right VVD party and then as an independent member. Last year was the first time he contested the elections with his own party.
Yassin Hartog, interim director of the ISBO, the umbrella organization of Muslim schools in the Netherlands, considers Wilders’ words to be a ‘provocation.’
* Of course: Resisting Islam is a heinous crime. Wilders must be beheaded, at once!
‘I don’t think there is much reason for another controversy about Muslim schools in Holland. Muslim education in Holland is well-rooted in the national school system,’ Hartog said.
Holland is known for its uniquely broad range of schools and educational systems.
Some 40 per cent of Dutch schools are public. The remaining 60 per cent are special schools, some of which are based on specific educational systems such as Montessori, while others are based upon a religious denomination.
Public schools and special schools receive equal government funding.
In the last 15 years a few dozen Muslim schools have been established, predominantly elementary schools.
In recent months, however, several Muslim schools made the Dutch headlines after school inspections found they did not meet the minimum educational standards, especially for the Dutch language and integration into Dutch society.
Strange. Lots of controversy everywhere. Today we got the same kind of report from Germany as well. Muslims are not integrating anywhere. We must be doing something wrong, what could that be?
* Here is some of the stuff Geert Wilders says, he must be reading our blogs:
He wrote: “Islam is rapidly pushing our Western civilisation close to the edge of the abyss. We have too much Islam in the Netherlands. Islam is more a violent political ideology than a religion.”
In his column, he also alluded to the quote from the River War by Winston Churchill: “Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. No stronger retrogade force exists in the World. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step… the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome” (The River War, First edition, Vol. II, pag. 248-50).
I present more of WInston Churchill’s pithy observations about Islam HERE. Geert Wildlers in his column said: “Churchill was right. We are now more than hundred years further and Islam brings our Western civilisation rapidly to the edge of the abyss. We have too much Islam in the Netherlands. Islam is more a more violent political ideology than a religion. For this reason I put a new measure for: immediately closing all Islamic schools in the Netherlands. This to protect children from the distribution of Islamic thinking. Not the Moslems as people but Islam is the core of the problem.”
Wilders then states that if people do not believe him, they should listen to the accounts of those who had left Islam, the apostates. He mentions the website Apostates of Islam. On this site is a list of apostates.
Mr Wilders quotes from this website. “Yet Muhammad’s life is that of a gangster godfather. He raided merchant caravans, looted innocent people, massacred entire male populations and enslaved the women and children. He raped the women captured in war after killing their husbands and told his followers that it is okay to have sex with their captives and their “right hand possessions” (Quran 33:50) He assassinated those who criticized him and executed them when he came to power and became de facto despot of Arabia. Muhammad was bereft of human compassion. He was an obsessed man with his dreams of grandiosity and could not forgive those who stood in his way. Muhammad was a narcissist like Hitler, Saddam or Stalin”.
Geert Wilders concludes his column by saying: “I couldn’t have said it better myself.”
No wonder Wilders needs police protection.