Â Shem’s Cartoons:
Anglican Archbishop Rowan Williams says its time to bring
Sharia law to Britain. Aside from Hindus, Christians, Jews, atheists,
artists, homosexuals, drinkers, intellectuals and women, we can’t
possibly imagine anyone objecting to such a sensible suggestion.
Iranian ambassador: “Our laws allow for the amputation of the hand that steals … the field of human rights should take into account the customs, traditions, religion and economic development”
Islamo-logic at work:
* Thieves have a right to have their hands amputated for theft
* Women have a right to be stoned for adultery
* 14 year old females have a right to be hanged for answering back at a moronic judge
* 14 year old boy has right to die after receiving 85 lashes for breaking his Ramadan fast
* Spencer: In other words, the field of human rights should take into account the fact that human rights can be kind of inconvenient, especially when the penalty of amputation for theft comes from Qur’an 5:38: “As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. It is the reward of their own deeds, an exemplary punishment from Allah. Allah is Mighty, Wise.” (Or, it’s 5:38… Do you know where your limbs are?)
Anyway, the culturally sensitive thing to do would be to look the other way. Nothing to see here, just another Sharia Alert. “Iran envoy defends amputation,” by Fiona Govan for the Daily Telegraph:
Iran’s ambassador to Spain has compared chopping off the hands of thieves to a “surgeon amputating a limb to prevent the spread of gangrene”.
In a defence of Iran’s tough implementation of Islamic law, Seyed Davoud Salehi called for “the traditions, religion and economic development” of Iran to be taken into account by those monitoring human rights in the country. He also argued that the death penalty was necessary “to preserve the health of society as a whole”.