* Of course not. But not giving it all away makes Netanyahu Â and Likud a “hardline government” for the wankers of the “free press”…. why don’t they check with the Arabs if they have something to give away…?
Jerusalem – The new Israeli government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will not give up East Jerusalem to the Palestinians, Netanyahu’s deputy reiterated Wedneday.
‘Jerusalem is protected under the policy of the current government and previous governments,’ Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom, of Netanyahu’s ruling, hardline Likud party, told the Knesset, Israel’s parliament.
‘Jerusalem will not be divided,‘ he told a special session commemorating the anniversary according to the Hebrew calender of what Israel celebrates as the ‘re-unification’ of Jerusalem.
- Â Israeli official: two-state solution “childish” (Extra)
- @ The Corner, Mark Steyn discusses ‘linkage’ between the ‘Palestinian question’ and preventing Iran from attaining nuclear weapons.Â
- What is Israel for? The answer, or one answer, is: To shelter the Jews against exterminationist attack.
- JEWISH HOMELAND ALERT: Stealing Jerusalem from the Jews
- Who needs another Pali state? Sultan Knish
- Willie Clitman’s wife tells Jews to stop breeding:Â Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told al-Jazeera on Wednesday night that all ‘settlement growth’ must stop.Â
Â I’m reminded of the decrees of Pharaoh in Egypt millennia ago, whoÂ demanded the cessation of Jewish births, and decreed that all Jewish male babies had to be thrown into the Nile River. Â More>>
Israel captured East Jerusalem, which includes the city’s historic Old City and its Jewish Quarter, from Jordan in the June 1967 Arab- Israeli war and annexed it shortly afterwards in a move never recognized by the international community.
Since the creation of Israel in 1948 and until the 1967 war, Israelis had had no access to the Old City, which also includes the Wailing or Western Wall, a key Jewish holy site.
Palestinians want occupied East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state.
Israeli newspapers reported Wednesday that US PresidentBarackObamahas appointed a team which is currently drafting a Middle east peace plan, the essence of whichObamais expected to present in a key-note address in Cairo on June 4.
According to the Ma’ariv daily, the draft plan supports a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital.
The Yediot Ahronot daily said Obama has set the end of his first term as president in four years as a deadline for a peace deal.
Yediot said that under the plan, the Palestinian state would have noarmyand will not be able to sign treaties with other countries – key Netanyahu security demands.
The plan would also support the return of Palestinian refugees largely to the future Palestinian state, not to Israel. In addition, it would also support territorial exchanges that would allow Israel to keep some of its major settlement blocks.
According to Yediot, the Obama peace plan is still in the draft stage and will be finalized after his separate meetings with Egyptian PresidentMubarakand Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. It said Jordan’s King Abdullah had already given his approval.
Ma’ariv was quoting ‘Arab sources,’ while Yediot gave no sources.
The hardline Netanyahu, who met with Obama in the White House on Monday, has refused to openly commit to the two-state solution. In the past he has also repeatedly vowed not to ‘divide Jerusalem.’