Okay, Prove You Didn’t Say It! [Mark Steyn]
Hey, let’s not get hung up on details. Just because nobody can find any evidence anywhere of Rush saying these “quotes” doesn’t mean he didn’t say ’em. As someone called Jason WhitlockÂ says:
Limbaugh doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt on racial matters.
So where are these racist soundbites? Where’s the audio? Where’s the transcript? Name the year. Heigh-ho, sayÂ CNN’s Rick SanchezÂ and theÂ rest of the basement-ratings crowd. Not our problem: It’s forÂ Limbaugh to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he’s never said it. We’re too busy fact-checking anti-Obama jokes to fact-check our own reporting . . .
Which public figure can be quoted as having said something bigoted and disgusting and it doesn’t matter whether he did or not because he might have? Who can Big Media brand a racist without checking the facts? Who has to prove he did not say something racist, rather than the accuser proving he did?
A pat on the back for anyone who guessed the answer: Rush Limbaugh …
The irony is, of course, that the people reporting this as fact are the same types who are always denouncing bloggers and the internet as forces of evil intent on destroying proper journalism â€“ proper journalism being the kind that involvesÂ checking facts.
In other words:Â Fake … but accurate! (The “Lizard & his army” likes it!)
- Glenn Beck Shows Video of Anita Dunn Naming Mao Tse Tung as One of Her Favorite Philosophers â€“ VIDEO Â»
By Michelle Malkin
Hysterical laughter of the day:
“You can’t teach the Ten Commandments in public schools. But teaching the five pillars of Islam is A-OK.”
- Collaborators in the Campus War against Israel and the Jews: Joel Beinin â€“ by Steven Plaut Â»
- Obama’s Resolution to Stifle Free Speech on Islam â€“ by Deborah Weiss Â»
- Jihad at Temple â€“ by David Horowitz/Muslim students try to shut down Wilders event….
- Stop the Campus War Against Israel and the Jews: October 12-16, 2009 â€“ David Horowitz Â»
Willie Clitman’s wife goes to Russia, returns re-educated:
- A three-minute video proving Iran is trying to produce nuclear weapons has beenÂ smuggled out of Iran/Carl in J’lem
- Have you ever thought that the ‘Palestinians’ might want ‘holy Jerusalem’ as their capitol for reasons other than religion? Here’sÂ one possible reason.
Obama “disgusted” with Israel; has not yet registered any disgust with Iran
One would hope that American Jews are now reconsidering their support for Obama in large numbers. “Official: Obama ‘disgusted’ with Israel,” by Aaron Klein forWorldNetDaily, October 16 (thanks to JW)
JERUSALEM -Â U.S. officials in recent days expressed to the Palestinian Authority that President Obama’s administration is “disgusted” with Israel, a top aide to PA President Mahmoud Abbas toldÂ WND in an interview.
Nimr Hamad said the White House was disgusted that Israel is refusing to halt all settlement activity as a precondition for re-starting talks with the PA over the creation of a Palestinian state. “Settlement activity” refers to Jewish construction in the West Bank and eastern sections of Jerusalem.
Hamad repeated that the term “disgusted” was used more than once in recent meetings withÂ U.S. envoys to describe the administration’s attitude toward Israel. Hamad did not name theÂ U.S. envoys using the terminology….