You don’t believe me? Watch this space!
In other news:
The ‘summer camp’ was a political youth gathering.
A man dressed as a policeman shot and injured at least five people at a meeting of the youth wing of the party of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg on Friday after a blast in the capital, Norwegian public broadcaster NRK said.
Police confirmed that shots were fired at Utoeya, an island south of Oslowhere Stoltenberg’s Labour party’s youth section’s yearly gathering was taking place. Police were on the way to the island.
“Racist debate”????Â Is it racist to identify and try to stop people who have stated again and again that they want to take down your country and the entire western civilisation? A whole block in the capital of his country is shattered, people killed, and his first thought is to rush to the defence of the perpetrator? Â (More from China Droll)
Just for laughs:
“The Security Service fears that serious harm will be done to Norwegian Muslims in case of a terror attack in Norway”
Not “The Security Service fears that a jihad terror attack will do serious harm to Norwegians.” The concern is all with an imagined backlash, not with preventing it by heading off a terror attack, and calling upon Muslims in Norway to be active in anti-terror efforts.
A translation by Christian of this Norwegian article, “Frykter lynsjing av muslimer” in Nyheter.
– Norwegians are stupid and not good at integrating.This according to Norway’s Police Security Service, which fears a lynching mood in case there will be a terror attack.
The Security Service fears that serious harm will be done to Norwegian Muslims in case of a terror attack in Norway.
– We are unexperienced and a bit stupid as regards diversity and a multicultural population, says head of Security Service JÃ¸rn Holme to nrknyheter.no.
– We confuse Islam and Islamism. Islamism is after all a very particular form of Islam. I believe many Norwegians mix it up completely.
– The Security Service is particularly worried about the possibility of extreme right-wing elements attacking Muslim compatriots, and that we will have a polarized population attacking and losing confidence in each other.
The minister of justice agrees with the head of Security Service.
– This is a preoccupation shared by all of us. Serious crimes like these create even more stigmatization and even more problems in connection with the preventive efforts, says Knut Storberget (social democrat) to nrknyheter.no.
Wednesday evening the head of Security Service for the first time particepated in a public discussion, arranged by the Muslim Students’ Society. As reported by NRK previously this week, many Muslims think they are under surveillance and feel they have to face responsibility for what extreme Islamists do….
So why not actively cooperate, and help police find the “extreme Islamists”? If they were operating someplace known to me, that’s what I would do. If they were operating in the name of something I believed in, I would make every effort to stop them, instead of claiming victim status for being under surveillance. Want to not be under surveillance? Take away the reason why anyone would be watching.