- The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of multiculturalism that has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a parallel society within the Netherlands.
- A new integration bill, which Dutch Interior Minister Piet Hein Donner presented to parliament on June 16, reads:
- “The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the multicultural society model and plans to shift priority to the values of the Dutch people.
- In the new integration system, the values of the Dutch society play a central role.
- With this change, the government steps away from the model of a multicultural society.”
The letter continues:
- “A more obligatory integration is justified because
- the government also demands that from its own citizens. It is necessary
- because otherwise the society gradually grows apart and eventually no one
- feels at home anymore in the Netherlands…”
- The new integration policy will place more demands on immigrants. For example, immigrants will be required to learn the Dutch language, and the
- government will take a tougher approach to immigrants who ignore Dutch values or disobey Dutch law.
- The government will also stop offering special subsidies for Muslim immigrants because, according to Donner, “It is not the government’s job to integrate immigrants.” (How bloody true)
The government will introduce new legislation that outlaws forced marriages and will also impose tougher measures against Muslim immigrants who lower their chances of employment by the way they dress.
More specifically, the government will impose a ban on face-covering Islamic burqas as of January 1, 2013. Â (Why wait that long?)
Holland has done that whole liberal thing, and realised – maybe too late – that creating a nation of tribes will kill the nation itself.
Australia’s future may well be read here.
READERS NOTE: Muslim immigrants leave their countries of birth because of civil and political unrest CREATED BY THE VERY NATURE OF THEIR CULTURE. Countries like Holland and Australia have an established way of life that actually works, so why embrace the unworkable?
If Muslims do not wish to accept another culture, the answer is simple STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!
This gives a whole new meaning to the term ‘Dutch Courage’ – unfortunately Australian politicians don’t have the balls to do the same.