When its not “hate speech”, the truth is “controversial”.
A Texas teacher is under scrutiny for his perceived “lack of fact checking.”
But he knows his stuff.
Some of the claims the document makes:
- 38% of Muslims believe people that leave the faith should be executed.
- Muhammad posed as a prophet.
- Islam is not a ‘religion of peace.’
- Muslims believe the entire world will one day be ruled by Sharia Law.
- Jihad is obligatory for all Muslims.
A Muslim student at Foster High School shared the document with his parents, who then proceeded to contact the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).
CAIR, the Muslim Brotherhoodfront group, is upset: the teacher cited well known data by reputable organizations such Pew Research. In short – he told the truth. (BCF)
“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” – George Orwell
(HOUSTON, TEXAS, 4/7/15) – The Houston office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Houston) today called on officials at Foster High School in Richmond, Texas, to take appropriate disciplinary action against a teacher who allegedly passed out virulently anti-Muslim materials in class.
CAIR-Houston said the material seems to have been taken from an anti-Muslim site on the Internet and contained claims such as: “Muhammad posed as a prophet … Both Jesus and Paul warned that after they were gone many false prophets would come. Muhammad is simply one of them. …”
Other misinformation included:
- “Islam is more of an ideology than a religion. It is also an ideology of war. …”
- “[Islam forces] its ideology on cultures and ultimately on the world through propaganda, subversion, and even physical force when it is deemed necessary, one area of the world at a time.”
- “You will either give into their demands recognizing Islam’s ‘noble’ rule, you will become a Muslim yourself, or you will die.”
- “[Muslims believe] All governments — except Islam — should be overthrown.”
- “…everyone will be brought under the yoke of Islam, willingly or unwillingly.”
- “…even though generally Islamic followers will say that the ‘believe’ in Jesus and respect Him and the Bible, in fact, neither is really true.”
“We thank school officials for taking this issue seriously and await appropriate disciplinary action for the teacher,” said CAIR-Houston Executive Director Mustafaa Carroll. “Only a strong response to this attempt at student indoctrination will send a message that our schools must never be incubators of hate.”
He noted that last year CAIR-Houston welcomed the resignation of Angela Box, a third-grade teacher who made anti-Muslim remarks on a public access television show.
CAIR offers a booklet, called “An Educator’s Guide to Islamic Religious Practices,” designed to help school officials provide a positive learning environment for Muslim students.
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
– END –
CONTACT: CAIR-TX Communications Coordinator Ruth Nasrullah, 713-838-2247 (office), 713-585-6314 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org; CAIR-Houston Executive Director Mustafaa Carroll, 713-838-2247 (office), 832-549-1042 (cell), email@example.com