From the Herald Sun
* Why bother, Swaiti? All us English speakers know that jihad is just an inner spiritual struggle. That’s what your coreligionists here in the U.S. tell us all the time. And they warn us that only wicked, wretched, frenziedly racist Islamophobes believe jihad has anything to do with warfare! So we know you meant that you hoped Allah granted victory to all the inner spiritual strugglers in “Palestine,” and Chechnya and Kashmir and Afghanistan and Iraq — right? Right?
* No doubt Gavin KingÂ would call him a ‘dinki di Australian’ and vilify anyone in his fishwrap who disagrees with his befuddlement with the ‘inner struggle jihad’ –
THE most senior Muslim cleric in Canberra has praised Islamic jihadists in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mohammed Swaiti yesterday called on God to grant “victory to mujahideen (Muslim holy warriors)” worldwide, The Weekend Australian newspaper reports.
“God grant victory to the mujahideen in his name in all places,” Sheik Swaiti called out twice in Arabic over a microphone at Abu Bakr mosque in Yarralumla in front of about 500 worshippers.
“God grant victory to mujahideen in Palestine, and Chechnya and Kashmir and Afghanistan and Iraq.”
While Sheik Swaiti translated his sermon into English for non-Arabic-speaking members, the imam of Canberra’s only mosque omitted the praise for Islamic jihadists in the English version.
After the sermon the Palestinian-born cleric denied he was referring to Muslim holy fighters, saying jihad referred not only to fighting but also to self-discipline.
“Jihad means no alcohol and no gambling,” Sheik Swaiti told the newspaper.
* Go on Sheik! Paint a pussy on my cheek! Lie and deny, because Mohammed said ‘War Is Deceit’- but it always works with the useful idiots, why change now?
“If we followed the jihad of the self … and followed the Koran, the whole world will be in peace.”
* Right, Sheik, unfortunately ‘pieces’ and peace is not the same thing, but if you say so: I feel the Islamo-peace a’coming already:
But Islamic Society of ACT president Sabrija Poskovic rejected the cleric’s suggestion he was not referring to fighters in his sermons.
He said the cleric was too radical and preached the wrong Islamic messages.
* No, not wrong. He is a ‘good’ Muslim and he preaches the warfare of the Koran and the Sunnah. He follows Mohammed. And Jihad is ‘the pinnacle of Islam’…