Postcard from Gitmo
* Hat tip: Jawa Report
* David Hicks, Australia’s Johnny Walker Lindh, has been freed. Seriously, the similarities between Hicks and Jihad Johnny are many. Both were members of the Taliban, both captured in Afghanistan, & both have douchebag fathers who claim their sons were well intentioned humanitarians who were simply misunderstood by oppressive Western governments.
* Hicks, unlike our own Johnny Walker Lindh, admits to having personally met with Osama bin Laden 20 times.
* Most disturbing part of the story? Hicks was mobbed by a group of supporters as he was being released. The “supporters” are described as “mostly elderly”. Islamists? No, I’m guessing aging liberal hippie douchebags.
* Sheik yer’mami got some first hand comments:
“I feel sorry for Hicks because he wanted to join the Australian army and they rejected him” sez one oversized slob. Another one who refused to give his name, a teacher-type with a gray beard and cheap spectacles, sez Hicks was ‘just a confused kid who got caught up in GWB’s illegal war against a poor third world country..’ Not.
* Here’s a pic of Terry Hicks, the father, from a documentary he helped produce where he retraced his sons footsteps from Pakistan to Afghanistan. A lot of similarities between Terry Hicks and Frank Lindh. Terry Hicks traveled to Guantanamo Bay for Hicks’ hearing to show his support for his son, the traitor. He also allowed himself to be used by Leftwing nuts who think George W. Bush is a greater threat to freedom then the Islamic fanatics who want to reinstitute the death penalty for criticizing a religious figure. Religious fanatics like his son.
Terry Hicks told reporters he didn’t feel that David owed Australia an apology. He said he had spent five-and-a-half years doing it “pretty tough”.
Confused kid? Veteran jihad-mercenary from Bosnia to Kashmir and from Chechnya to to Afghanistan.
* A bullet to the head would have solved all his problems.