thanks to Snapped Shot:
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse:
* It seems that America has more than its fair share of kooky professors. Recently, Wakademia has presented us with the most bizarre fantasy products and mental flatulence from Ward Churchills ‘3000 little Eichmanns’ to a ‘leading expert’, who tells us that ‘jihadists do it all out of boredom’ and another nutbag who claims “Oil, not Islam, oppresses women”.
* Now we have Noah Feldman, a law professor at Harvard of all places, who shills for the sharia:
In some sense, the outrage about according a degree of official status to Shariah in a Western country should come as no surprise. No legal system has ever had worse press. To many, the word “Shariah” conjures horrors of hands cut off, adulterers stoned and women oppressed. By contrast, who today remembers that the much-loved English common law called for execution as punishment for hundreds of crimes, including theft of any object worth five shillings or more? How many know that until the 18th century, the laws of most European countries authorized torture as an official component of the criminal-justice system? As for sexism, the common law long denied married women any property rights or indeed legal personality apart from their husbands. When the British applied their law to Muslims in place of Shariah, as they did in some colonies, the result was to strip married women of the property that Islamic law had always granted them â€” hardly progress toward equality of the sexes.
In fact, for most of its history, Islamic law offered the most liberal and humane legal principles available anywhere in the world. Today, when we invoke the harsh punishments prescribed by Shariah for a handful of offenses, we rarely acknowledge the high standards of proof necessary for their implementation. Before an adultery conviction can typically be obtained, for example, the accused must confess four times or four adult male witnesses of good character must testify that they directly observed the sex act. The extremes of our own legal system â€” like life sentences for relatively minor drug crimes, in some cases â€” are routinely ignored.
* Right Noah. Hanging women from cranes, especially underaged girls who have been raped by their accusers, public flogging and beheading of Jews is all not so bad. Go for it, Noah. The mullah’s will love you for it…
Barrack Hussein cries ‘racism’, and AP cries along
* Because racism is, and can only be white on black, never the other way around. And now the
Manchurian Muslim candidate tells us that ‘”We have to come together,”
* After ignoring the Rev. Wright scandal for as long as possible, the Associated Press is now filing blatant whitewash pieces like this one, in which they don’t even tell the reader what Barack Obama’s pastor actually said: