Believe it or not, there are Israelis who still don’t get it. Unfortunately, many of them are members of our mainstream media.
An ‘art exhibit’ that featured female ‘Palestinian’ suicide bombers dressed as Medieval portraits of the Virgin Marry and holding Baby Jesus (see sample picture at top left) was quickly taken down on Thursday after relatives of terror victims arrived to protest. The exhibit was originally put up at Sokolov House in Tel Aviv, the headquarters of Israel’s press association. Why it never occurred to the members of that ‘august’ body that someone might be offended by such an exhibit in Israel is simply beyond me. And the ‘artists’ who prepared this travesty and continued to defend it – two women named Galina Bleich and Lilia Check – are simplyÂ beneath contempt.
Why are the pictures offensive? Even ABC seems to get it.
Across the divide in Palestinian circles the bombers are often depicted as tragic martyrs driven to their desperate actions by forces beyond their control.
If Ms. Bleich and Ms. Check had created a picture ofÂ Mohamed Atta nailed to the cross, and put 9/11 statistics on the card showing it, would Americans have been offended? You bet. And you can bet that they wouldn’t have dared to do that to Americans.
So why do they feel free to do it to Israelis? And why is our mainstream media so callous as to allow this sort of exhibit in their headquarters?
We have a national sickness.
- Obama: Settlements are bad, blah…blah…blah…
- Mayor of London calls for a day of fasting to ‘help understand Muslims’
- Scottish Islamic Foundation Appeals for Money
- Prague: anti-Mosque demonstration fizzles
- Stalinist recanting by an Iranian blogger
- Yemeni Liberal Criticizes Appointment of Dalia Mogahed as Obama’s Advisor on Islam
- Canada to Extradite Killer of Arizona ‘Heretic’…