Indonesia’s sudden Toplessness is a cause of great joy:
Mr Bambang smiled as he held up photographs to show the match between Noordin’s fingerprints and those on police file, as reporters and officers in the room cheered.
Others are not so sure: “In every terrorism raid, part of the public domain is disturbed, we have to take this into consideration to prevent making the people agitated and restless.” Hmm, why would the people become “agitated and restless” Â when a terrorist headbanger is eliminated?
Hey Solker, how did this good Muslim get the idea that there is some kind of jihad going on?
JakartaGlobe — Nurfika Osman/Counter Jihad
Indonesia’s Largest Muslim Organization Says Solo Raid Was ‘Over the Top’
The deputy chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama said that a police terror raid operation in Solo on Thursday morning was “inappropriate” and “over the top” because there were unnecessary fatalities and casualties, including the wounding of a pregnant woman.
Police later revealed that wanted terror mastermind Noordin M. Top was among those killed.
- Muslims Riot in Brussels/nothing to do with Islam, you silly Islamophobe, you!
- Indonesian government to ask supreme court to review Sharia penalties in Aceh/“Aceh is part of Indonesia, so it must respect the Constitution and the laws of the country. And remember, Aceh should not be issuing bylaws that are detrimental to its people.”
- Iran: Death to the USA – Death to Israel/Tens of thousands of Iranian demonstrators have defied a warning by the authorities not to turn an annual pro-Palestinian rally into street protests against Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Clashes involving protesters, security forces and Ahmadinejad supporters have broken out.
- Holland – Mohammedans go apeshit over dogs
- UN: Â “Britain must accept Muslim invaders“
- Battle for Indonesia’s Muslim teens
- Indonesian Muslim terrorist Noordin Top used veil to elude police
Update: Â Â Indonesian leader vows to tackle militancy
“Densus 88 [counterterrorism squad] shouldn’t have killed the suspects,” Masdar F. Mas’udi said.
“They would have been more useful if captured alive.”
Masdar said NU, Indonesia’s largest Muslim organization, regretted the police action because it may have disturbed Muslims who were preparing to celebrate Idul Fitri.
Jaleswary Pramudhawardani, a military expert from the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI), voiced similar concerns.
“Police and Densus 88 shouldn’t have shot” the terror suspects, Jaleswary said.
“Capturing them alive would have been more useful in investigations to unravel the whole terrorist network.”
According to her, violence should be the last resort as police should be concerned about public safety.
“In every terrorism raid, part of the public domain is disturbed, she said. “We have to take this into consideration to prevent making the people agitated and restless.”