Useful idiots welcome, Â slick taqiyya merchants needed:
The American media and the Muslim POTUS are doing it already, but it seems nothing its never enough.
Islamic apologist Jamal Badawi is one of many, and he is literally working his ass off, as we can see here: Â “Jihad means ‘self-improvement’”. Â Unfortunately for Â Badawi, there are so many nasty Jihad Watchers out there who are just waiting to pluck the feathers of this goose, as we can see here and here…. Badawi, by the way, is another unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation Hamas jihad terror funding case.
MPAC unsavory? SeeÂ here.
I’ve got a better idea for Mary Sanchez and MPAC: if they really want to “unravel” Americans’ “misperceptions” of Islam, here is an easy way they can do it without going to all the time, trouble and expense of finding and hiring a slick PR man:
1. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
2. Renounce definitively not just “terrorism,” but any intention to replace the U.S. Constitution (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means. In line with this, clarify what is meant by their condemnations of the killing of innocent people by stating unequivocally that American and Israeli civilians are innocent people.
3. Teach Muslims the imperative of coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis.
4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach against the ideas of violent jihad and Islamic supremacism.
5. Actively work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities.
If Muslims do those five things, voila! “Misperceptions” of Islam will no longer hold sway among Americans. And “outright bigotry”? Forget it! It will be about as common as outright anti-Buddhist bigotry!
Here’s a job posting worthy of only the most stellar applicants. In fact, only those rare individuals with near-superhuman powers to untangle the crossed circuitry in the American mindset need apply.The Muslim Public Affairs Council is seeking “high-energy candidates” for a communications coordinator. I’d love to eavesdrop on those interviews.
“What do you believe would be the best approach for unraveling the misperceptions and outright bigotry toward Muslims that goes virtually unchallenged daily in the U.S.?”
Yes, the American Muslim community needs a Walter Cronkite, conceded Haris Tarin, a director in the council’s Washington office. Muslims need a spokesperson with the credibility to soothe and educate their suspicious countrymen. Despite consistently condemning acts of terrorism, American Muslims find that the No. 1 charge against them is that they do not denounce terrorism.
As Tarin and others point out, Muslims in the United States do not control their own story telling. And far too often, they leave a vacuum only too readily filled by those who view Muslims as anti-Christian terror suspects first, foremost and sometimes completely.
Muslims need to imprint a more positive image in the public mind, and the best way to do that is by pointing out more effectively who they are, rather than taking a defensive posture….