Just don’t look at reality, you might not like what you might find:
Thanks to Vlad
Were New York and New Jersey explosions the work of a lone wolf? FBI says it’s not looking for any more suspects after alleged ‘terrorist bomber’ is arrested in NJ shootout
- The FBI has laid to rest initial concerns that a terror cell might be operating in New York and New Jersey
- NYC FBI assistant director William Sweeney Jr said Ahmad Khan Rahami was their only suspect at present
- Mayor Bill de Blasio also admitted that the act was terrorism after days of holding back
- Rahami, 28, was arrested after a shootout in New Jersey and is believed to have planted all bombs
- Five people who were stopped and questioned in Brooklyn Sunday were released without charge
- Explosions occurred Saturday in Chelsea, NY and Seaside Park, NJ. More bombs were found in both areas
- A backpack containing up to 5 IEDs was found at a New Jersey train station at 8.30pm Sunday evening
- One of the bombs was detonated accidentally by a police robot at 1am Monday but no one was injured
- The pipe bombs in NJ used flip-phone timers, as did pressure-cooker device found in Chelsea Saturday
- It’s believed the home-made bomb that exploded also used old-school flip phone as a detonator
The FBI is not looking for any more suspects after the arrest of alleged bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami in a New Jersey shoot-out, it was announced in a press conference Monday afternoon.
NYC FBI assistant director William Sweeney Jr said that at present there was ‘no indication that there is a (terrorist) cell operating in the area or the city,’ and that no other suspects were being pursued at this time.
Rahami was also openly linked not only to Saturday’s bombing of a Manhattan street, for which he had originally been sought, but also to the bombing of a military fun run in New Jersey earlier Saturday and, later, an Elizabeth, NJ street near a train station.
Five individuals had been detained and questioned in Brooklyn near Verrazano Bridge on Sunday morning, but Sweeney said that they had been released without charge.
He said their SUV had been stopped after they were seen leaving ‘a location associated with Rahami’ but none of them were under arrest.
Early news reports had indicated the car contained weapons and bomb-making equipment. These claims were not mentioned by Sweeney, who also said he ‘would not discuss what (the people in the car) could face in the potential future.’
Scroll down for video
At a press conference on Monday afternoon it was announced that Ahmad Khan Rahami was the only suspect wanted for the bombing of a Manhattan street on Saturday. This came after initial concerns of a ‘terrorist cell’ operating in the area
NYC FBI assistant director William Sweeney Jr (pictured center, at podium) added that five individuals arrested in a Brooklyn SUV Sunday were released without charge after questioning, and were not part of the investigation
On Monday morning the FBI announced that Rahami was their suspect. Within hours he had been located at a New Jersey town and was captured. He has also been linked to bombs and explosions affecting New Jersey this weekend
Police took in Rahami (pictured), 28, after a shootout in Linden, New Jersey in which he was hit in the shoulder
Rahami was spotted sleeping in the entryway of a bar by its owner, who called police. Two officers were also hit in the gunfight: one in the hand and one in the vest
At the same conference, Mayor Bill de Blasio said ‘We have every reason to believe this is an act of terror’ – after days of refusing to call the bombings just that.
It was later explained that authorities had to distinguish between the emotion of ‘terror’ felt when the Chelsea bomb detonated on Saturday, injuring 29 people, and the act of terrorism – which could not be determined until a suspect and his or her motivations had been identified.
At present Rahami is being held on charges stemming from a shootout that took place just before he was hit in the shoulder and arrested. One officer was shot in the hand and another hit in the vest during the gun battle.
But the New York and New Jersey attorney’s offices are working together to ‘put together as comprehensive and thorough allegations as make sense,’ it was said.
Sweeney declined to explain why or how Rahami, a New Jersey resident, had been linked to both the New York and New Jersey explosions other than ‘through evidence and analysis.’
However, he added that Rahami had never been on a ‘watch list’.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3795912/Five-arrested-hunt-Manhattan-bombers-Suspected-terrorists-seized-FBI-hunts-men-seen-video-planting-IEDs-duffel-bag-filled-pressure-cookers-bombs.html#ixzz4KoVXJtk8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook