The Ahmadiyah community have long been victims of violence in Indonesia, where mainstream Muslims view the sect as a “deviant” form of Islam.
Murdering Ahmadiyah is an act of ‘self-defence’ by righteous Â sunni muslims:
Police blamed Bogor’s Ahmadiyah community on Tuesday for inciting violence against them by being “introverted” and not being involved in social activities. Â The comments came a day after police said they would not name suspects after a mob attacked Ahmadis in Bogor on Friday â€” an act the police called “self-defense.”
When they were active, they were accused of spreading their religion. Â Now they have stopped, they are accused of being introvert.
In other news:
The Wrong Kind of Green
Greenpeace are “anti-business wolves in environmentalist sheeps clothing” – and yes,Â there was gambling going on at Rick’s CafÃ© Americain:
- Summary: Ahmadiyah Again Find Themselves in Mob’s SightsÂ 3:04pm Jul 17, 2012
- Indonesian Police Decline to Name Suspects in Latest Ahmadiyah AttackÂ 8:05pm Jul 16, 2012
- Ahmadiyah Pressured Into Apologizing for Bogor Violence, Leaders SayÂ 2:24pm Jul 16, 2012
- Four Injured as Mob Attacks Ahmadiyah Community in BogorÂ 9:34pm Jul 13, 2012
- Shiite Cleric Jailed for Blasphemy in Indonesia7:50pm Jul 12, 2012