Sydney Airport: Catch & Release of Mohammed & Islam

(Musel-)men bailed after $1 million airport bust

Three of four men allegedly caught with $1 million during a drug bust at Sydney Airport have been granted bail.

The men, including a father and son, appeared on Thursday in Parramatta Local Court, where the crown did not oppose bail.

The NSW Police Drug Squad informed federal authorities that the men would be at Sydney International Airport on Wednesday to travel to Bangladesh.

They were stopped and searched by Customs and Border Protection officers at the airport about 10.15am (AEST).

The officers seized just under $1 million cash allegedly divided among the men and a quantity of steroids.

The men were placed under arrest by Australian Federal Police officers.

Mohammed Nurul Islam, 56, and his son Prabal Islam, 25, appeared in court via audio-visual link with co-accused Andrew Almada, 27, and Cheuk Fai Chan, 56.

They were each charged with proceeds-of-crime offences, as well as possessing a restricted substance.

All of the men, except Prabal Islam, applied for and were granted strict conditional bail.

Their matters will come before Sydney’s Central Local Court on August 8, when Prabal Islam is expected to apply for bail.

Following the airport arrests, Drug Squad detectives executed search warrants at two units in Brown Street, Ashfield.

They allegedly seized $69,800 in cash, quantities of steroids and ice, and more than 500g of an unidentified substance which will undergo testing.

A 33-year-old Ashfield man was charged with supplying a prohibited drug, possessing a restricted substance and goods in custody.

A 37-year-old Ashfield man was charged with supplying an indictable quantity of a prohibited drug and goods in custody.

They were granted conditional bail to face Burwood Local Court on August 29.

2 thoughts on “Sydney Airport: Catch & Release of Mohammed & Islam”

  1. Note Mullah that they are Bangladeshis – the same group causing problems in the UK and the Indian state of Assam.

Comments are closed.