Richard Kerbaj | The Australian
Hat tip: Rosie
$1m Saudi gift to uni
UP to $1 million will be pumped by Saudi Arabia into an Australian university, sparking fears the money will skew its research and create sympathy for an extremist Muslim ideology espoused by al-Qai’da.
James Cook University’s Mervyn Bendle, a senior lecturer in the history of communication and terrorism, said Saudi Arabia would not provide funds to any Islamic initiative without wanting to propagate its own agenda and version of Islam.
“Historically, Saudi funding around the world has been used to promote Wahhabism,” he said.
“It would be naive to just accept on the surface that this is not the case as far as this money is concerned.”
Griffith Islamic Research Unit will also receive a “collection of Islamic books and other materials”, according to the university’s website.
But the director of Griffith’s key Centre for Ethics, Law, Justice and Governance, Ross Homel, defended the Saudi grant the university received on August 23, saying it came with “no strings” attached.
* Right: “No strings attached”-are you really that naive, Mr. Homel?
The pattern that repeats itself wherever Saudi money corrupts Western institutions of higher learning: Georgetown and Harvard received 20 million dollars each in order to muzzle any critique about the ‘Religion of Peace’ –
Georgetown’s ‘enlightened’ John Esposito
You can get a taste of John Esposito’s obfuscating efforts here at the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Da’awa Centre for Christian-Muslim understanding
* Rest assured that you will hear nothing critical of Islam at Esposito’s Da’awa sessions, but you are likely to remain completely clueless or you might end up a good Muslim. ‘Understanding Islam’ in Georgetown means submission, in the true sense of the word.
* Prince Alwaleed is the Saudi who tried to give Rudi Giuliani a 10-million dollar check after the 9/11 Islamic terrorist attacks on the WTC– if only he would address ‘Muslim grievances’- much to his credit Giuliani told the prince to shove it.
* Al Waleed is also the guy who owns a lot of America’s Caliphate News Network, he also owns: large holdings in the Four Seasons, Walt Disney, Citigroup etc. Yes, and of course 6 % of Fox News, which also cooks the news ever since, in order not to ‘offend Muslim sensitivities..’
Back to Griffith in Queensland and the 8 million dollar Islamic studies centre
Here’s an article in the Courier Mail about this taxpayer funded suicidal lunacy:
Teaching Muslims moderation
By Lachlan Heywood
YOUNG Muslims will be taught Australian-friendly Islam under a Federal Government plan to stop them falling prey to extremists.
An approved Islamic curriculum will be rolled out by a consortium of universities, including Griffith University in Brisbane, to counter the teachings of Muslim firebrands who preach intolerance and hate.
The establishment of the $8 million national centre of excellence for Islamic studies comes amid outrage over comments by leading Australian Muslim clerics Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali and Sheik Feiz Mohammed.
Taqiyya-Dr Mohamad Abdalla
Griffith Islamic Research Unit
“Australian Government Funded Centre for Excellence in Islam campaigns for release of Glasgow suspect Dr Mohamad Haneef”-
* And here we found another case of blatant lying, obfuscation and taqiyya:
* Remember: “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
A convert to Islam, Mahdi Bray is not one of those, like Ibrahim Hooper, who has attained national prominence. He is a tireless worker at the local level, however, and in his dual presentation of self, or presentation of dual selves, most instructive. Soft-spoken and smiling and all sweet reason, and with a comfortably American voice, when addressing Infidels, he becomes something quite different for Muslim audiences, where he has been known to chant-and-rant, as in his call of support for Hamas before a crowd in Washington, or whipping up a crowd to show up at a courtroom to mock the proceedings which involved charging a Muslim with plotting to kill the American President. He is also careful, at the local level, to carry out all those carefully-calibrated and well-publicized deeds of supposed charity â€“ to earn Infidel goodwill â€“ that are described as being so useful in the conduct of Da’wa at Muslim sites.
Tariq Asadullah Syed
Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim
Tan Sri Dato’ Abdul Khalid Ibrahim