This Activist Role includes:
1) Believing that the “Palestinians” exist and that, despite what we know all know of the history of both the Mandate for Palestine and of non-Muslim peoples in the Middle East and elsewhere in Dar al-Islam, that subset of the Arabs — the “Palestinian” Arabs –Â deserve a state.
2) That such a “Palestinian” state can possibly be anything other than a new means for waging Jihad on Israel, which would, because of that “Palestine,” be condemned to permanent insecurity of a kind no other people or country have ever been asked to endure.
3) Ignoring the clear meaning of Jihad, which is the struggle to ensure that Islam dominates, and Muslims rule, everywhere in the world – for the entire world belongs to Allah and the “best of peoples.” And there is no provision for exempting any part of the world from this necessary future fate.
4) Failing to note that Jihad can be carried out through various instruments: the Jihad of wealth, the Jihad of propaganda, the Jihad — the newest instrument — through demographic conquest.
4) Ignoring the significance of Hudaibiyya, which makes all peace treaties between Israel and the Arabs, or between any non-Muslims and non-Muslims, essentially worthless — for they are to be violated, by the Muslim side, whenever they feel strong enough to do so. Pacta sunt servanda is not a recognized principle in Islamic jurisprudence. That is something Westerners simply do not understand. They will have to learn.
5) Failing to grasp that the only thing that keeps the peace, more or less, between Israel and the Muslims who surround is the same thing — Deterrence — that kept the peace during the Cold War. The Muslim concept of Darura — of Necessity or of bowing to necessity — can be invoked by Muslim rulers to justify their own failure to make war on non-Muslims. But that requires that the non-Muslim enemy not only be overwhelmingly superior in military force and therefore in the vengeance it could wreak, the damage it could do, but that it be easily and universally recognized as overwhelmingly superior, by the Muslim masses, who otherwise would not forgive the failure of their rulers to act.
All of this could have been taught to Romney, and he could have shown he understood this. But clearly he hasn’t.
And as for intervening to help the Sunni Muslims overcome the Alawites who, in a particularly unpleasant way, are keeping them down – which is of great benefit to the West — that’s not quite as shocking, but it is still unacceptable.
Someone on Romney’s staff should discuss General Kutuzov with him, and how sometimes, and not only for the Bauhaus, less is more.
Or better yet,Â send him a little indelible link.