Sobering up?Â Crash-landingÂ with Hurriyet Daily News:
1. The Jewish lobby in theÂ U.S.Â might withdraw its years-long efforts to prevent the U.S. President to use the word “genocide” in his message regarding the 1915 “incidents”- (calling the annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians “incidents” is adding insult to injury, but don’t forget: this is from a Turkish Newspaper)
2. AÂ possible attempt in the U.S. Congress to recognize the 1915 incidents as “Armenian genocide” will pass easily as the Jewish lobby withdraws its support toÂ Turkey’s arguments.
3.Â IsraelÂ could raise its voice in the argument that compares its struggle withÂ HamasÂ toÂ Turkey’s fight against the terror organization PKK. The Jewish lobby might withdraw its support toÂ TurkeyÂ in its struggle with PKK in Europe as well as theÂ U.S.
4. This incident might have a negative impact on Turkey-Armenia relations. The Armenian diaspora could garner the support of the Jewish lobby.
5. This might endÂ Turkey’s “mediation” efforts in the world especially in theÂ Middle East.
6. The Davos crisis might harmÂ Turkey’s image of a “neutral country” in the UN Security Council.