Happy Thanksgiving, America!
Had today’s political class been in power in 1623, tomorrow’s holiday would have been called “Starvation Day” instead of Thanksgiving. Of course, most of us wouldn’t be alive to celebrate it.Â Â (Read the rest at Real Clear Politics.)
Rush Limbaugh is getting the nation prepared for Thanksgiving by comparing President Obama’s new proclamation with the original version from George Washington. And in between he concludes that the true story of Thanksgiving is ‘how socialism failed.”
Our first clip includes Limbaugh’s disbelief about the Obama statement. Rush is pretty sure he’s being punked:
For anyone who doesn’t know:
1. Pligrims lost 1/2 their people on the trip over.
2. The first 3 years everyone worked the GARDEN and the Gov. picked who needed food.
3. 1/2 the people died again.
4. Then you got to keep what you grew and ‘Everyone worked’, even the lazy people or they wouldn’t get to eat so, everyone had more than enough.
The 1st try and Socialism fail. Capitalism worked and still does.
- John Stossel: Socialism Almost Ruined Thanksgiving Read Story Â»
- Michelle Obama Grants You Permission to Eat Thanksgiving Pie US
- Puff Ho regurgitatesÂ the same tired old revisionist guilt trip: “PilgrimsÂ eager to introduce European commercialism and the Christian concept of “real estate” to these unfortunate innocents.”
Moonbattery in Overdrive:
Today’s “You’re Really a Turkey” award goes to actress Angelina Jolie who according to a friend so despises Thanksgiving that she’s intentionally out of the country.