Canadian soldiers have been explicitly ordered to stop or report incidents of Afghan soldiers or interpreters raping boys,Â Defence Minister Peter MacKay says.
* Â if that doesn’t cause Â jihad I don’t know what does…
MacKay maintains there is no evidence to support allegations that senior officers have turned a blind eye to the troubling abuse, which is the subject of an ongoing military investigation. Even so, he felt compelled to lay out the law to clear any possible confusion.
“We require that any wrongdoing that a Canadian soldier would see in Afghanistan or anywhere would be no less than the expectation that we would have in Canada â€“ to do the right thing, to prevent, to pre-empt, to intervene,” MacKay said Monday.
The Canadian Forces launched two probes into allegations of child sexual abuse at military bases in Kandahar. The first probe wrapped up in May and cleared Canadian soldiers and commanders of any wrongdoing for either not reporting the incidents or not acting on witness accounts of abuse.
The second, a board of inquiry, is ongoing.
- Imam arrested for raping 12-year-old boy
- Afghanistan: Thursday night is boyz night
- Afghanistan’s Epidemic of Child Rape – TIME
- Pedophilia and Homosexuality Rampant Among Islamic Warlords in …
- TheStar.com | Canada | Don’t look, don’t tell, troops told
- Pedophilia endemic in the Middle East | ButlerReport
- Islam’s Nancy Boys/Gates of Vienna
- UN General Assembly Head: Homosexuality ‘Not Acceptable’…
- Yemen: another released Gitmo ape bites the dust…